Canon Inkjet Cartridges

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This ain’t no Cup Noodle!



So I went to Harajuku today for Ramen.
Why Harajuku? For Jangara Ramen!!
I bet there's one closer to where i stayed but i didn't want to bother looking up locations. - Theres no harm in doing a bit of shopping in Takeshita Dori as well! MUAHAHA!



It’s been over a month since I came back from Japan but I still catch myself thinking about this place! The official name of this ramen chain is Kyusyu Jangara…but I just refer to it as Jangara Ramen.
This place is super popular! there is always a line!
Jangara Ramen specializes in tonkotsu ramen, which is pig-bone flavored broth that makes the taste that much better. (Not to be confused with tonkatsu – which is breaded pork cutlets).



I recommend the Kyushu Jangara ramen bowl for newcomers. It is their signature dish…so much so that they even advertise the fact that it is the Prime Minister of Japan’s favorite! (Also my favorite!)

If you visit Tokyo, definitely check this place out in Harajuku. It is a small joint that is less than a block away from the Harajuku train station. Just exit the station and head down the mainstreet (restaurant will be on your left side). Just pay attention to the pink signs above and head upstairs.

The people there are very friendly. So don't worry if you don't understand Japanese!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice indeed, you've made me feel even hungrier than I already was!

    I will certainly try to visit this place, perhaps at some point in the near future, I hope to!

    ReplyDelete