Canon Inkjet Cartridges

Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Way of Eating Apples.

One serious problem i have is that i play with my food a lot. I don't mean play as in i'm sick of my food and i'm just twirling it around. - I play around with the way it's presented beforehand.

When i was a young i hated eating apples. Why? Because they always cut it in the regular looking chunky slices. I found it too big for my mouth and i hated to take such huge bites to bite through it. Until one day my mother bought myself a packet of Dried Apple Slices. I ate non-stop! I didn't know why, i just didn't get full and didn't have enough! Why is it i eat the normal slice of apple and i feel full but when i have packs of apple slices and i'm crazy for more? I realized that it's nothing to do with the fact it's DRIED. Because to be honest it doesn't taste great without the juices, its more because the slices are so thin!! It's like i'm eating crisps!

So one night after dinner i went to the fruit basket to pick out which fruit i'd like to eat and i picked the apple. I decided to cut it in thin slices like so...



I ate every slice…
It was like eating Apple crisps, FRESH WITH JUICE! amg!!



From that day on i realized that it's all about being a little more creative. Why do kids hate vegetables? Why do they hate eating fruit!? Because the way it's been cooked and presented. Don't present the fruit as a fruit, don't present the apple like a normal apple, call it the Apple Chips, or donut apples if you removed the core with an Apple Corer. Trust me, it works.

The little ones around me went "ugh" when i told them i'm cutting them apple. But when they saw this fun thin slices, they ate the whole thing without noticing.

3 comments:

  1. Apple quote:

    Girls are likes apples.. the best ones r at the top of trees. the boys don't what to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apple that are on the ground that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples at the top think there is something wrong with them, when in reality, they are amazing. they just have to wait for right boy to come along,the one who's brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree.

    i sent this to u before but its a good quote..;) my favorite drink is apple juice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true. I was like that, except with banana chips XD healthy foods seem so much more appealing when it's in a more versatile form~ ^_^
    Apples also taste SO much better in thin slices imo, idk why.. :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to make my own Coleslaw sometimes during summer, by grating apples into a big mixing bowl with grated Carrots, Celery,Sultanas, and basically whatever takes your fancy, it can be added to the Coleslaw, using a good quality Mayonaise or light Salad cream, and a pinch or two of Chinese 5 Spice to give it a little kick in the pants, it's yummy!!!

    When I was young, I used to like Apple Frittas, (and Pineapple ones too) and I still L♥ve Apple & Rhubbarb Crumble with Hot thick & creamy Custard all over it (in winter that is) or Apple & Cranberry Pie left to be cold, in summer, served also with Vanilla Ice Cream!

    Gosh, my waist line is starting to lose the plot just thinking about all of that yummy stuff....\☺/

    ReplyDelete